Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Grill Out!.................. Alfresco dining among HDB

It was my father-in-law's birthday and he's a steak lover. We decided to bring him to this alfresco steak place, Grill-Out. Someone's ingenious idea converts this once heartland neighbourhood in Clementi into a livelier, "boutique" eating belt. The restored 2 storeys HDB shophouses is now home for a new string of F&B outlets, from pubs, desert place and Thai food. It is near the Zheng Fa Live Seafood that has been there more than 10 years. The dining area is on a raised wooden platform right beside a slope leading downwards to a canal which URA has converted into a park and is part of the island-wide park connector.

I had chosen a medium done pork loin and I liked the texture of the meat. When you slice it, it's still juicy on the inside. The rest of my family had beef steak. My wife really liked her premium sirloin and my sister in law who's having the premium Kobe beef felt that it was nice too. I would take their word for it as my sis-in-law would not let it go if she had eaten something that its not of a certain culinary standard from other steak places she's been to. My wife had dine in the likes of Morton's and Ruth Chris and thinks that the food here is value for money. It'll cost you only half the price pound for pound for the same quality of premium beef when compared to Morton's or Ruth Chris. I'm not commenting on the taste though, cos it'll not be comparing apple to apple. The way that the beef is prepared and served is different. You'll have to go try it yourself!

Specialities : US Kobe ribeye ($65 for 220g) and Black Angus striploin ($30 for 220g)

Address : Clementi Street 12 #01-38E

Tel : 67747001

Open : 6 to 11.30pm daily except Mondays

Country : Singapore


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails