Friday, November 7, 2008

Golden Rooster 可爱鸡................ probably the best fried chicken around



This stall has been around for some years now. Its advertising sign board says......since 1989. Golden Rooster 可爱鸡 was formerly known as the Tenderfresh Fried and BBQ Chicken. I was still a part time student in a nearby university a year ago and had been visiting this stall frequently after lesson at 9.30pm. Many students from my alma mater also come here for food. Apart from the fried chicken, they have grilled (BBQ) chicken that seems also well liked by folks sitting around me when I was there recently.

The fried chicken that they serve is crispy but not overly coated with batter like fried chicken in fast food joints. I liked the Happiness plate that has a piece of thigh meat, a piece of breast, a piece of breast meat, one bun and fries (as shown in the photo below). This meal will cost S$6.



To cater for the student crowd they have fried chicken with rice or grilled chicken with rice combi that cost S$2.80 per plate.

There was a simliar stall in Jurong West that I frequent during my university days. Wonder if it is the same one.......... hmm

I haven't eaten their BBQ (grilled) chicken so I cannot say much about the taste except that there are about equal number of people ordering the grilled and the fried one.

Address : Blk 450 Clementi Ave 3 #01-305 Varinice Eating House

Country : Singapore

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails