Saturday, September 17, 2011

A relaxing coffee indulgence at Loysel's Toy after my morning run

I swing by Loysel's Toy to join W and J for a light breakfast this morning after my run. As I entered the cafe,  a welcoming wall of Keep Cups at the counter caught my attention. These multi-colored cups were hot items that were sold out the last time I visited the cafe. These cute cups stood happily above the food counter at S$16 per piece.



This morning, more people took the seats outside and there was still some empty space a relaxing chill out time. At this angle I noticed the bar stools have refurbished cushions of different patterns.

Here's  the Egg Mayonnaise Bruschetta that W ordered. It looked healthy and tasty with the little heap of alfafa . I have to try it next time.

This time, to quell my caffeine needs, I had the Picolo. It was heavy bodied but not as intense when compared to the one I had at Oriole Cafe. I thought the Picolo here was more balanced and had mild acidity. My preference is with the Picolo here. Enjoyed the chilling out with this well brewed picolo. Hmmmmmm heaven.

Got myself a warm Almond Croissant which tasted mostly buttery with the slight sweet glaze over the flaky puff. It was exactly what I wanted so that I still reserve space to enjoy lunch with HY after her yoga class.

Here's the shiny cool looking Probat Coffee Roaster set at the corner of the cafe. I suspect this was the monster that created the Terra Firma beans that I tried in Papa Palheta.

At the cafe's entrance, there's even a Bicycle Rental Service available for a mind rejuvenating bike trip along the Kallang River, of course ending with an aromatic cuppa. 


66 Kampong Bugis
Ture #01-01
Singapore
Tel : 9451 0236


Opening Hours:
Tues~Fri 9am~6pm
Sat~ Sun 9am~730pm


Loysel's Toy Website

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails